Pages

Dec 31, 2009

The traditional "Happy new year" post


I've read quite a few of those posts today, summing up 2009 and promising things for 2010, how one'll change and the world will change with it. I would, instead, like you to picture the setting for this dialouge.
- You and what army?
- You are my army.
Artistic break. The setting needs to be your head. I can go all zen on you and advice you on change. But I won't, all have already heard all the clichés the static lines, blatantly handed out in times of desperate need. The future is an abstract place we can't know, and the past is a bottomless pit for us to reevaluate and learn from.

Instead of doing it once a year, it's something we should do constantly. “The definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results” (Albert Einstein) That's where the change lays. In your every day things. Don't make those great promises of being a better person in the new year. Don't get the idea that your life will be perfect when the bell tolls for 2011. You already know you'll fail.

I promise you this for 2010; good things will happen, bad things will happen and I'll get one year older.

1 comments:

Daisy Jay said...

Too True, Good and Bad things happen in every year. Hopefully 2010 will be better then 2009, lol, but things are the same now as they have been. I am the definition of insanity, i have not learned to change the things that do not work. Maybe i'll be strong enough this year, but i doubt it. :) Happy New Year, love. I'm glad i found such a good friend in you this year. *smooches*

Post a Comment